Friday, December 23, 2011

countdowns

I should have begun my countdown yesterday because it was December 22 then. But since 2012 is a leap year, it's actually correct to say that 365 days from now, Raymund and I are getting married. :)

I hate to disappoint but when people ask me updates on our wedding planning, I usually don't have anything to say - yep, nothing happening there at the moment. If I have to do a recap, we've only reserved the church and reception, booked our photographer & event stylist and paid for the wedding gown. And it's not gonna be big (at least we're hoping it won't be). We really just want a lovely solemn and intimate wedding with our closest family and friends.

Anyhoo, I'm so happy to be flying to Sydney tonight and spend Christmas & New Year with my future sister-in-law and her husband. ;) They just had this big wedding last June so I'm so excited to browse through wedding mags with her when we get there.

It's 2 days before Christmas... it doesn't feel so Christmassy in here, but I'm sure that's just me. I mean, I can see Christmas decors everywhere, we opened our gifts from Secret Santa yesterday in the office... but it still feels different. It's probably because I'm not spending the holidays in the Philippines. Here are some shots of Christmas cheer in the city. Maybe if I'm a local here and I'm with my family (esp. my little cousins and nephew), I'll enjoy these immensely (though I enjoyed it still cos I just love these things).


I miss home though, and my parents especially.

This is the first Christmas I'm spending abroad, and I'm feeling a little homesick especially when I hear songs like this. Memories of noche buena and opening our gifts after dinner just flashed in my head. :-s This is one of my fave episodes of 30 Rock. Jenna singing Christmas carols always makes me teary eyed. :D



On a more positive note, I've already made a menu for our noche buena (though definitely subject to change! :p).

Appetizer: Cheese and crackers
Main: Lamb chops with roasted vegetables + baked macaroni
Dessert: Hot chocolate souffle with ice cream
Wine: Moscato or cabernet sauvignon

So psyched! MERRY CHRISTMAS!

PS: Let's not forget to offer a prayer for all the typhoon victims in CDO and their loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment