I bought my first 'researched' lipstick last year and some months later, I now own a few! Obviously, I don't have thin lips, something I was conscious of when I was younger, but like Anne Curtis (hihi), I outgrew that insecurity and am actually happy I have quite plenty of space to apply lipstick on. :D For now I'll just talk about my everyday go-to lip products. Apparently, there's such a disproportionate amount of lip products in my purse that the only non-lip ones you'll find there are my MAC sheer pressed powder and a hair brush. :)
For work, I only wear foundation/powder and some lip colour. I would normally apply my Carmex lip balm before leaving for work. If I'm lucky and have time before the bus arrives, I would apply my balm stain (when the first lip balm has already dried a bit). Depends on what I feel like that day (and what I'm wearing), it would be a toss between Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey (mauve pink) and Adore (brick red).
Some days I would apply a lipstick rather than just a balm stain. Like if there's no morning tea (i.e., snacking with colleagues where they can witness your lipstick disappear in an instant), I would wear MAC Cosmo, or Creme in Your Coffee (CIYC) so it could last until noon. These colours are quite similar, both muted brown pink, with CIYC just a tad darker. I think because I have pigmented lips (more reddish/plum than pink), CIYC is more my MLBB colour (sorry, you have to learn makeup acronyms on your own :p).
I don't know why I have two Lanolips in my bag. Lanolips is a lip ointment with SPF 15, comes in a tube like Carmex so I have no issues with breeding bacteria and such (one aspect of my OCD). I've had Apples for quite a while now, and was what I used to apply before I discovered the Revlon balm stains. Then I bought Rhubarb when I was about to run out of Apples. They're both lovely colours, but because they're also sheer, they don't last long and Rhubarb is hardly noticeable when applied on the lips. Apples looks like it's a bright red but it actually looks quite natural and flattering. I usually apply Rhubarb after lunch when my lips begin to chap.
Oh and I also have the Revlon balm stain in Crush! This is way too dark for office wear I think, but I love plum/deep berry colours (like my MAC Craving and Soar) so I apply this sometimes - just very lightly - before leaving the office, when I'm just probably on my way to Woolies anyway (or gym/kick boxing/dinner out). I think the 3 Revlon balm stains I have don't exactly have the same feel/consistency. Crush for me is the most drying and Honey the most moisturising.
Anyway, they seem like quite a lot but I like variety. :) And also because I feel obligated to use all of them (I did buy more than I need, oops), I bring them with me so I can just grab them whenever rather than leaving them at home.
No comments:
Post a Comment