Recently, I discovered a cosmetics shop called Mecca Cosmetica. They have 2 stores in town (a.k.a. Queen St Mall), and I went to both these stores sometime yesterday for my afternoon walk (i.e., my get-out-of-the-office break). I just wanted to buy a NARS radiant creamy concealer which a lot of people have raved about. It's sold for AU$35 (US price is $29 + tax). Because AUD is not doing as well as it did 2 years ago, I'd say you can get a NARS here for almost the same as its US price!
This concealer is definitely worth the price. Wore a bit of this at kick boxing and after sweating buckets (I exaggerate) this was not completely wiped out!
Because of this plan, I have come up with a wishlist instead. This wishlist is mostly a product of my online window shopping, star ratings, and Estee's blog (note: prices if indicated below are in AUD/from Mecca Cosmetica).
1. Malin + Goetz Acne Treatment ($32). Tbh, I just saw this today but it got such high praises from people who've used it, hence making it to my list. I don't get that much breakouts now but I still am prone to hormonal acne (the reason I had to buy the NARS concealer btw!). Might have to buy this sooner rather than later (my drugstore acne treatment Oxy is almost empty!) although price is a bit steep!
2. Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel ($18.95). Again, high star ratings! Plus, I know Mario Badescu has been pretty popular in the skincare field because his products are apparently effective. I'm also now a fan of non-foaming gel cleansers. I'm currently using Alpha-H Triple Action Cleanser which I like a lot! I kind of didn't know how to use it before, therefore using excessive amounts to 'thoroughly' clean my face. 1.5 months later, I think I've used up half the bottle already. :( I'll give this Mario Badescu cleanser a try then.
3. Korres Mango Butter Lipstick in Orange Brown ($35.95) or YSL Glossy Stain in Corail Aquatique ($50). Huge price difference between these two but I still am in search for the perfect coral lipstick that's not too pink. Korres I saw from Temptalia sometime back while the YSL one was one of Estee's high-end favourite lipsticks (plus she just looks so gorgeous wearing it here). I think I'm leaning more towards YSL but I don't think I can justify spending that much on a lippie (actually I can - quality over quantity!) but I have to make sure I'm happy with how long lasting it is and that it feels comfortable on the lips (since it's a gloss!).
4. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Glisten or theBalm Cindy-Lou Manizer. Tarte Glisten is a blush which also has some highlighting effect while theBalm Cindy-Lou is the other way around (I think!). Blaming Estee again for featuring these, although I think Tarte Glisten better suits my need (okay, want), that is I'd prefer a blush to a highlighter, and the highlighter in Glisten is a just nice bonus! But theBalm's packaging deserves plus points! Would probably ask someone to buy this for me if someone's going to the US or Canada.
5. Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Airbrush Foundation (and the matching airbuki powder brush!). Estee raved about this as well, and even did a tutorial. I would buy this too if I happen to order online from Tarte (apparently, 20% on your first order but not sure how much shipping would cost). Either way, buying 3 Tarte products would already cost me over a hundred dollars. So if I'm buying these, it would have to be for a very good reason!
6. Urban Decay Naked 3 Eyeshadow Palette. Everything happens for a reason! Now I can see why I managed to stop myself from buying any of the first 2 Naked palettes. Naked 3 consists of rose-hued neutrals which is so me, I reckon! :p
Most of these would probably be my 30th birthday gift to myself, that is if I can wait for December. :)









Tarte!!! <3
ReplyDelete